In case you receive a fraud alert from Cardinity, take the following steps:
- Verify whether the customer provides the same name as the one appearing in the email.
- Verify whether the shipping address seems credible. Check whether it is a postal box.
- Make sure that the shipping address is similar to the billing address.
- Look at the email and other contact details of this customer in the white pages, search engines, and social networks.
- Check whether the customer made several purchases within the same days or the last couple of days.
- Look at the purchase amount. Is it strikingly different from the average shopping cart?
- Verify all the data you have about the order.
- Try to contact the customer.
- Freeze the order in case you have not shipped the items yet.
- In case you have checked all the accessible data and the customer appears to be a fraudster, immediately issue a refund to the cardholder.
Make sure you keep in touch with Cardinity during the process.