As you possess the most information about your customer, you are able to identify potential fraud. There are many signals of a fraudulent activity.
- Pay special attention to the customers who purchase in your e-shop for the first time. Thoroughly check the information they provide during registration.
- Make sure that the email address provided by a customer exists. Fraudsters usually use email addresses which have no meaning.
- Check the name, phone number, and personal address of your customer. If the provided information looks fake or suspicious, call the customer to verify his/her identity.
- Fraudsters tend to fill in their own address in the shipping field and the address of the legitimate cardholder in the billing field.
- In order to stay anonymous, fraudsters usually use postal boxes for their orders.
- Pay special attention to an order made for a foreign shipping address if most of your customers are located in your country.
- Pay special attention to a purchase made at night.
- Unusually high amount of an order can be a signal of a fraudulent activity. Similarly, a very small order should attract your attention if it is followed by a sequence of large orders.
- Pay special attention to a customer who makes several orders a day or makes purchases very often.
- Pay special attention to the transactions conducted with the same payment card but different shipping addresses and vice versa.
- Pay special attention to the transaction conducted from the same IP address but with different cards.
Do not disregard any indication of suspicious and fraudulent behaviour of your customer.